These healthy Pesto Chicken Wraps are full of flavor and super easy to make! Just grab your favorite tortilla and layer it with some homemade, (or store bought) pesto, chicken, dairy-free cheese, pesto mayo, arugula, fold it up and toast on a skillet! It’s that easy.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means I make a small commission if you choose to purchase through qualifying links.
- Chicken Breast - I cooked chicken tenders on a skillet, but you can grill the chicken, bake it, or poach it! If you poach it, or use a rotisserie chicken, I recommend shredding the chicken breast.
- Fresh Arugula - If you don't have arugula, you can swap for spring mix or spinach!
- Pesto - I used my Walnut Pesto recipe, but any pesto recipe will work. You can also use store bought pesto!
- Fresh Basil - This is optional, but I love freshly chopped basil mixed into the wrap!
- Dairy Free Cheese - I used the brand Miyokos. Any cheese will work with this recipe.
- Primal Kitchen Pesto Mayo - This is optional, but it adds an extra layer of flavor! (Primal Kitchen uses Avocado Oil in their Mayo.)
- Grain Free Wraps - I used the brand Siete. Any tortillas will work!
🍴Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Warm Tortillas
Start by warming the tortillas on a frying pan or in the microwave. (This will make them more pliable.)
Step 2: Wrapping Up
Next, add pesto mayo, pesto, chicken, dairy free cheese, chopped basil and fresh arugula into the wrap. Fold tight to keep ingredients inside.
Step 3: Cooking Wraps
Place each wrap face down on a hot skillet. Flip when golden brown and serve warm. (I don't use oil!)
- The tortillas must be warmed up prior to rolling them or else they will crack and fall apart. I usually heat them in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Do not use oil in the pan when heating the tortillas. The wraps will firm up with just a few seconds of heat.
- Place the tortillas folded side DOWN on the skillet.
- Make sure skillet has pre-heated before adding the wraps.
- Use tongs to flip the tortillas.
- Do not overstuff the tortillas or they will fall apart in the pan.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you're planning to meal prep, I would suggest mixing the chicken with the pesto and storing it in the refrigerator for easy assembly. You can prepare all of the ingredients the morning of or day before. Assemble and cook before serving.
No! I don't use any oil. Just pre-heat the pan and place the wrap folded side down for a few minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown on each side.
How to store leftovers
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. (In an airtight glass container.) They're best served fresh, so I like to make just enough for what I'll need that day.
More chicken recipes!
After you make these Pesto Chicken Wraps, make sure to leave a comment & rate the recipe!
Pesto Chicken Wraps
- ½ Pound Chicken Breast, Cooked
- 2 Cups Fresh Arugula
- ⅓ Cup Pesto I used my Walnut Pesto recipe.
- ¼ Cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Dairy Free Cheese I used the brand Miyokos.
- 1-2 Tablespoons Primal Kitchen Pesto Mayo
- 4 Grain Free Wraps I used the brand Siete. Any tortillas will work!
- Start by warming the tortillas on a frying pan or in the microwave. (This will make them more pliable.)
- Next, add pesto mayo, pesto, chicken, dairy free cheese, chopped basil and fresh arugula into the wrap. Fold tight to keep ingredients inside.
- Place each wrap face down on a hot skillet. Flip when golden brown and serve warm. (I don't use oil!)
Want more recipes?
Check out my recipe box where you can browse by season, diet, and flavor!
Leave a Reply