Steak Caesar Salad
Steak Caesar Salad is a fresh and flavorful summer salad! Chopped romaine lettuce is layered with pan fried chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, and grilled steak.
- 1 Pound Flank Steak
- 12 Ounces Romaine Lettuce
- 1+½ Cups Cherry Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup Caesar Dressing I used Primal Kitchen dairy-free caesar dressing.
- ½ Lemon
- 2 Cups Chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
Start by tossing the chickpeas with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper until evenly coated.
Pour chickpeas into a warm skillet and cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Next, add steak to the grill and cook at about 400 degrees for 2-4 minutes on each side. (Depending on how you like your steak!)
Chop romaine lettuce and add to a large bowl. Add on cherry tomatoes, crispy chickpeas, sliced steak, lemon juice, and caesar dressing. Toss together until dressing is evenly coated on the lettuce. Enjoy the salad warm or chilled!
See full post for more information and step by step photos.
- If you're planning to store leftovers for later, add dressing to individual servings to avoid lettuce from getting soggy.
- Since there's no cheese in this recipe, try adding cubed avocado for a similar creamy texture.
- To make sure the lettuce isn't dry, toss the lettuce with the caesar dressing before adding on all the toppings.
Serving: 1gCalories: 457kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 34gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 838mgPotassium: 966mgFiber: 9gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 7709IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 106mgIron: 6mg