You know what combination is extremely underrated?? ORANGE + CHOCOLATE. One of my favorite candies growing up was an orange shaped chocolate that was made of milk chocolate and had specs of orange zest. (I'm sure it wasn't real orange zest, but you get the picture.) Each slice of chocolate peeled off like a clementine. I'm not sure if they're still around, but they were one of my absolute FAVS.
In honor of Valentine's Week, I decided to share a fun new cookie recipe! They're loaded up with crispy almonds, chunky chocolate, and little specs of *real* orange zest.
Whether you're making them for Valentine's Day, Galentine's Day, or just for the heck of it.. I know you're going to love them! They take less than 30 minutes to throw together, and come out crispy on the outside, and soft in the center. (: Keep reading for the full recipe!
Orange Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Sugar or Lakanto Monkfruit
- ½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- 2 Medium Sized Eggs
- 3 Tbs. Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Tbs. Orange or Clemontine Zest
- 3 Tbs. Chopped Almonds I highly suggest you roast them at 325 for about 3 minutes! It brings out the flavor. (:
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Chips
- In a small bowl add all dry ingredients. Use a whisk to blend until fully combined.
- In a mixing bowl add your eggs, melted coconut oil, and vanilla. Blend on low until fully combined.
- Once your wet mixture is combined, slowly start adding in the dry mixture. Blend until fully combined. It should be a sticky dough consistency.
- Next fold in your fresh orange or clemontine zest, and chocolate chips. Put the mixture in the fridge for at least 90 minutes.
- While your mixture is setting, chop your almonds into small chunks. Put them on baking sheet and bake for about 3-4 minutes at 325°. This brings out the flavor!
- Once your dough has set, the last step is to fold in your toasted almonds.
- Roll into one inch balls, and put on your non-stick baking sheet. (Or line with parchment paper.) Bake at 325° for 10-11 minutes. It should yield 18 cookies!
- Once they're done baking, let sit for at least 5 minutes before enjoying!
Let me know if you give these Orange Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies a try! I'd love to know what you think. (: You can leave a comment below, rate the recipe, or send me an email! Make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your delicious creation! xo Mariah